Saturday, July 19, 2008

Working Hard

Seems like I'm doing a race pretty much every other weekend or every weekend. Put in a solid week of training after Hagg Lake (placed 3rd in age group and PR'ed by 11 mins), with one long swim with Steve and 2 shorter swims. My training log says I put in 11 hours this week.

Heading off to New York Tomorrow for a week. Not sure how much training I will get done there, but I'm hopeful I will try to hit the gym (for swim, or stationary bike) or try to run in Central Park every day. Goal is to try to do something for an hour everyday, but with all the fun to be had in the city..it will be tough!

Overall, doing longer swims including paddles and other drills is having a huge affect on my shoulders and upper body. I feel pretty slow running and shoulders have a dull ache.. I think I am definitely on the right track to getting stronger at the swim. Will just take my body a while to get used to it.

Till next time.

No comments: